This service is perfect for two types of people:
Website builders who are starting to see their (website) income flatline, rankings stagnate, or who don’t have the time (or skills) to take the site to the next level. Their time is better spent on starting another project and working on the build-out.
Investors who are looking to deploy their capital to a high-ROI asset class, but don’t know how to run/grow the business. They could learn how to do it, but it’s just not worth their time. They don’t want to buy themselves a job; it’s an investment.
That’s where we come in.
We’ve built, grown, and sold hundreds of content sites over the years, and we have the know-how that enables us to scale even the most stubborn sites out there.
And the best thing is that the client (you) doesn’t have to do anything after we take over.
Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- a complete technical audit of the website to make sure everything’s correctly set up from the start
- proper on-page SEO tune-up that’s based on years of experience and continuous testing
- a detailed and tested link building campaign that’s completely relevant to your site’s topic and business model
- an ongoing conversion rate optimization campaign to maximize the revenue per each visitor
- create and execute an in-depth content strategy that will cover all topic clusters within your niche
- diversify monetization by adding new streams of income which will highly affect the multiple
- find you the best possible buyer when the time comes to sell the asset (via Investors Club)
That’s just a bird’s-eye view.
A lot of experience and ‘sweat’ goes into making sure that your website operates at its capacity. But, as I said, we’re here for you at every step of the way.
You’re probably asking, “What’s the catch?”
There’s no catch. It’s in our best interest to make you as much money as humanly possible because that’s the only way for us to make money.
Let me elaborate. We have two options available:
- Monthly retainer (sites making less than $10,000 per month)
- Profit upside share (sites making more than $10,000 per month)
I’ll explain what goes into each option + provide a practical example.
Something to note – typically, the sites need to be making >$1,000/month to make a partnership with us worthwhile (for both of us).
Let’s start with our Monthly Retainer model
This model is usually a go-to model for investors and/or builders who prefer a steady cash flow instead of looking to grow the asset aggressively.
Here’s how it works:
- Investor (you) receives 100% of revenue every month and keeps 100% of the equity
- Operator (we) charges a monthly retainer that can be fixed or flexible – depending on the website. The retainer will start with month #2.
- Operator charges a flat one-time fee for the initial setup because most of the work will be done in month #1 (technical audits, on-page SEO, CRO, etc.)
- We always aim to at least 2x, if not 3x, the revenue within the first 12 months of us working on the project.
This model allows the investor to keep 100% of the equity and enjoy a very nice upside from all the improvements (traffic, revenue, value) our team will make during our time working on the project.
Now, here’s a practical example:
- The site is making $5,000/month (average, last six months) and you decide to hire us as operators with the intention of selling the site.
- We bill you an upfront fee ($4,000) and agree on a monthly retainer ($3,000/per month).
- In 6 months, we managed to 2x the earnings, and the site is now making $10,000/month.
- You didn’t have to move a finger, and your income just 2x’d
- You decide that it’s time to sell the site and we find you a buyer within a couple of weeks. We won’t charge you the usual 15% fee as the brokers do.
- Your site was worth approximately $150,000 before you hired us. It’s worth $300,000 now. That’s the increase of $150,000. 100% of that is yours.
- Your total investment during those six months was only $19,000.
- That means that you invested $19,000 to end up making $131,000 (plus monthly revenue).
- Not too shabby if you ask me…
That said, that’s just an example. The real world doesn’t (usually) work like that and sometimes it might take us longer to reach the goals we’ve set. Also, we might get there way sooner – there’s no way to tell. There are no guarantees in this game, and whoever says otherwise is straight-up lying.
Let’s now explain our Profit Upside Share model
This model is best for investors who’re looking to either acquire or grow a mid-large content-based website with the intention of holding it for cashflow or selling for a profit. A lot of resources will go towards growth, and the final ROI will still be very solid for the investor.
Here’s how it works:
- a fixed monthly management fee
- 50% cashflow upside above baseline
- 50% sale proceeds upside if sold
We’ll still do the same thing as above, but at a larger scale. The main goal is to grow the site with as little ‘risk’ as possible to generate the investor 25%+ annual ROI. The investor always has an option to add some extra growth budget. We’ll usually recommend this if it makes sense.
Here’s a practical example:
- The site is making $15,000/month.
- You’ll keep $15,000/month and pay us $3,000 for monthly management.
- In 12 months, we managed to increase the net profit to $28,000/month.
- Same as in the previous example, you didn’t have to do a thing. We did all the work.
- Most investors aren’t really looking to sell the site at this point because they like the cash flow, but, let’s just ‘sell’ the site to showcase what would happen.
- The site was worth approximately $450,000 before we started working on it. It’s worth $840,000 now. That’s an increase of $390,000. Half goes to the investor, and the other half goes to us.
- The investor, at the time of the sale, gets $645,000 and we get $195,000.
- Monthly revenue and management fee aren’t calculated.
As you can see, it’s in our best interest to grow the site to its max potential because that’s when we make (real) money.