This service is perfect for two types of people:
Website builders who are starting to see their (website) income flatline, rankings stagnate, or who don’t have the time (or skills) to take the site to the next level.
Investors who are looking to deploy their capital to a high-ROI asset class, but don’t know how to run/grow the business. They could learn how to do it, but it’s just not worth their time. They don’t want to buy themselves a job; it’s an investment.
That’s where we come in.
We’ve built, grown, and sold hundreds of content sites over the years, and we have the know-how that enables us to scale even the most stubborn sites out there.
And the best thing is that the client (you) doesn’t have to do anything after we take over.
Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- a complete technical audit of the website to make sure everything’s correctly set up from the start
- proper on-page SEO tune-up that’s based on years of experience and continuous testing
- a detailed and tested link building campaign that’s completely relevant to your site’s topic and business model
- an ongoing conversion rate optimization campaign to maximize the revenue per each visitor
- create and execute an in-depth content strategy that will cover all topic clusters within your niche
- diversify monetization by adding new streams of income which will highly affect the multiple – if you decide to sell the site
- find you the best possible buyer when the time comes to sell the asset
That’s just a bird’s-eye view.
A lot of experience and ‘sweat’ goes into making sure that your website operates at its capacity. But, as I said, we’re here for you at every step of the way.
You’re probably asking, “What’s the catch?”
There’s no catch. It’s in our best interest to make you as much money as humanly possible because that’s the only way for us to make money.
Let me elaborate. We have two options available:
- Grow to flip (aggressive)
- Maintenance for yield (less aggressive)
I’ll explain what goes into each option + provide a practical example.
Something to note – typically, the sites need to be making >$2,000/month to make a partnership with us worthwhile (for both of us).
Let’s start with our “Grow to flip” model
This model is best for investors who’re looking to aggressively grow the business with the intention of (eventually) flipping/selling it. A lot of resources will go towards growth, and the final ROI will still be solid for the investor.
Here’s how it works:
- Investor (you) receives 1/3 of net revenue every month
- Operator (we) receives 1/3 of net revenue every month to cover their time
- The remaining 1/3 of the site’s net revenue gets reinvested into growing the asset (content, link building, etc.)
- When the asset is flipped, or we part ways, the operator receives 50% of the net revenue upside
By net revenue, we simply mean gross revenue minus any ongoing monthly expenditure that has to be spent on the business, such as hosting or maintaining rented links. Reinvestment in content or new links is not included.
Now, here’s a practical example:
- The site is making $6,000/month (net average, last six months) and you decide to hire us as operators.
- You’ll keep the $2,000, we’ll get the $2,000 for our work/hours, and $2,000 will be reinvested into growing the asset.
- In 6 months, we managed to 3x the earnings, and the site is now making $18,000/month.
- You didn’t have to move a finger, and your income just 3x’d
- You decide that it’s time to sell the site and we find you a buyer within a week. We won’t charge you the usual 15% fee as the brokers do.
- Your site was worth approximately $180,000 before you hired us. It’s worth $540,000 now. That’s the increase of $360,000. Half of that is yours, and the other half goes to us.
- That means that, at the time of the sale, you’d get $360,000 and we’d get $180,000.
- I didn’t count in the monthly revenue, but that’s pretty straightforward.
As you can see, it’s in our best interest to grow the site to it’s max potential because that’s when we make (real) money.
Let’s now explain our “Maintenance for yield” model
This model is usually a go-to model for investors and/or builders who prefer a steady cash flow instead of looking to grow the asset aggressively.
Here’s how it works:
- $1,000/month management fee
- 50% cashflow upside above baseline
- 50% sale proceeds upside if sold
We’ll still do the same thing as above, but at a smaller scale. The main goal is to grow the site with as little ‘risk’ as possible to generate the investor 25%+ annual ROI. The investor always has an option to add some extra growth budget. We’ll usually recommend this if it makes sense.
Here’s a practical example:
- The site is making $6,000/month as in our previous example.
- You’ll keep $5,000/month and pay us $1,000 for monthly management.
- In 6 months, we managed to increase the net profit to $10,000/month.
- Same as in the previous example, you didn’t have to do a thing. We did all the work.
- Most investors aren’t really looking to sell the site at this point because they like the cash flow, but, let’s just ‘sell’ the site to showcase what would happen.
- The site was worth approximately $180,000 before we started working on it. It’s worth $300,000 now. That’s an increase of $120,000. Half goes to the investor, and the other half goes to us.
- The investor, at the time of the sale, gets $240,000 and we get $60,000.
- Monthly revenue and management fee aren’t calculated.
As you can see, this model works as well. It depends on what type of investor you are and what are your priorities. We’re flexible, and we’ll do everything we can to grow the asset regardless of the model.