Table of Contents
Phew! It’s been a while…
This fall has been one of the busiest, if not the busiest, periods in my life. I sh*t you not.
I guess that’s what you get when you’re trying to disturb an industry that’s been broken for a while now…
More on that later.
We’re now in the fifth month of this case study, and we’ve finally made some coin!
It’s not a lot, but it makes me very happy.
The site is growing steadily, and I don’t expect that to stop any time soon. The content is top-notch. We’ve started to expand the content vertically, instead of entering another shoulder niche right away.
As far as the link building goes, I only built six new backlinks (sniper approach) between August and December. That’s about to change…
Since we now have over 100,000 published words on the site, I can slowly transition to building links at scale.
The plan is to start with 10-13 links per month (80% guest posts, 20% inserts/edits) and increase that number by 20% month over month.
As the site starts capturing more TOP 3 positions, we’ll begin to expand our content horizontally and enter a shoulder niche. Then it’s just rinse and repeat.
Here’s a summary of what was done after the last update
- The site was re-designed with speed and UX in mind
- We’ve built a new comparison table from scratch (HTML + CSS = fun times)
- The content was optimized for featured snippets
- We plugged some technical holes and made sure that everything works the way it should
- We also published a handful of individual product reviews to improve topical relevance. Here’s the internal linking structure we use: Info content links to other info content, buying guides and reviews. Buying guides link to the reviews and other buying guides. Reviews link up to the buying guides.
- I only built six backlinks to see how the SERPs will react. It was wonderful 🙂
- We made some money!
As you can see, everything’s moving in the right direction. It’s still too early to tell if we’re on pace ($) or not, but I’m an optimist ;).
To wrap it up…
As I mentioned earlier, we’re currently building a platform that’s going to change the buy/sell online business industry for the better.
We’ve invested more than 3,000 hours on developing this 100% custom platform, and you’re free to check it out here.
The launch date is set on January 18, 2020 – so mark that date in your calendars.
That being said, the launch of Investors Club is going to keep me busy for the next couple of months.
During that time, I’ll continue working on the case study site, but the next update is going to be once we hit $500 in a month.
I expect that to happen in February, but who knows…
That’s it for now! Thanks for your time, and don’t forget to share this update on social media with your friends. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the comment section below, and I’ll reply back ASAP.